Financial year handling

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Mon Oct 24 19:04:45 EDT 2005

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 08:33, Nicholas Lee wrote:
> SQL-Ledger has improved a lot since then, and with respect to your
> work unfortunately the business component of Gnucash hasn't .
> Furthermore its not really a generalised business application, at
> least in my business environment it wasn't usable.

A lot of frustration exists with a couple of issues. Long term users are
waiting patiently for the G2 port, because until then the new features won't
be implemented.

>From months of list reading these are things that concern list users
1. End of financial year close issues
2. Invoice printing including font choice and Fancy invoice customisation
3. Connecting with PalmOS
4. Choosing a customer or vendor when doing invoices or payments is clumsy
5. Cheque printing
6. Multi-user version

I guess that a lack of a multi-user version is the biggest problem for most
business use although no problem for a small business.

Liz

--
"It's ten o'clock... Do you know where your AI programs are?"  -- Peter Oakley