Financial year handling

Brian Rose b_rose at shaw.ca
Thu Oct 27 23:58:59 EDT 2005

>>>From months of list reading these are things that concern list users
>>1. End of financial year close issues
>>2. Invoice printing including font choice and Fancy invoice customisation
>>3. Connecting with PalmOS
>>4. Choosing a customer or vendor when doing invoices or payments is clumsy
>>5. Cheque printing
>>6. Multi-user version
>

> I would have to add to this list "Recurring invoices."...

And budget support.
Also, what would happen if the engine and
functionality was separated from the GUI?
Then provide good docs and an api for building a
frontend using a web page, KDE, Gnome2,
OS X, ... Secondly why not provide similar support
for extensions like Mozilla has, that can
be easily installed by the user? I would be more
open to reading docs and using an
API to "scratch my itches", compared to
downloading the gnucash source and studying it
for a while to know how my first attempt at a
module is going to affect everything else
before I can contribute. It seems very daunting
and time consuming. I have been reading
the devel lists for a week now and threads gone
and on and on. Is there a "benevolent
dictator/leader" or a specific milestone map or
are the developers just doing what seems
best to each of themselves?

Sincerely,
Brian
--
Contagious Design!
web . design . photo

Brian Rose .  web programmer
(604)-630-2426 . brianATcontagiousdesignDOTnet