Financial year handling

Brian Dolbec brian_dolbec at telus.net
Fri Oct 28 01:25:23 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-27-10 at 20:58 -0700, Brian Rose wrote:
> >>1. End of financial year close issues
> >>2. Invoice printing including font choice and Fancy invoice customisation
> >>3. Connecting with PalmOS
> >>4. Choosing a customer or vendor when doing invoices or payments is clumsy
> >>5. Cheque printing
> >>6. Multi-user version
> >

> > I would have to add to this list "Recurring invoices."...
>
> And budget support.

in progress

> Also, what would happen if the engine and
> functionality was separated from the GUI?

just being completed in the gnome 2 port.

> Then provide good docs and an api for building a
> frontend using a web page, KDE, Gnome2,
> OS X, ... Secondly why not provide similar support
> for extensions like Mozilla has, that can
> be easily installed by the user? I would be more
> open to reading docs and using an
> API to "scratch my itches", compared to
> downloading the gnucash source and studying it
> for a while to know how my first attempt at a
> module is going to affect everything else
> before I can contribute.

There is a move to streamline things so that it is easier to support a
Documented API for extensions/plugins.

>  It seems very daunting
> and time consuming. I have been reading
> the devel lists for a week now and threads gone
> and on and on. Is there a "benevolent
> dictator/leader" or a specific milestone map or
> are the developers just doing what seems
> best to each of themselves?
>
> Sincerely,
> Brian

The primary target right now is to finish converting the code to use the
gnome 2 interface as well as replace some no longer developed dependency
apps.  After that they will continue to add features, recode/streamline
ares, etc..

As for devs concentrating their efforts in certain areas.  It is only
natural to work on the areas that interest them the most and or are
better capable of coding.  Also since the devs are scattered all over
the world it is hard to turn around, look at his/her screen and know
what your partner is up to to know if changes you are about make to a
specific are of code will screw him up.

If you hang around long enough you will see that Derek seems to be the
primary leader.

--
Brian Dolbec <brian_dolbec at telus.net>