Replaying .log file: never works

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Fri Sep 2 18:18:52 EDT 2005

I'm using Gnucash 1.8.10 on a Debian system.  About three times since I've
started using Gnucash I have had need to replay a .log file to recover
lost transactions.  This never works.

The numbers on the Accounts screen dance around awhile, which is fun to
watch, but after about 30 seconds, that stops happening and guile-1.6 just
takes up 100% of available CPU indefinitely.  I've waited as long as 30
minutes but it doesn't seem like it should take that long.  This behavior
does vary: occasionally it segfaults.

Is this a known-buggy feature, or should it be solid?  What information
can I provide that will help solve the problem?

-Brandon