[Fwd: Re: Compiling on 64 bit SuSE (Was Re: List OK?)]

Des Dougan des at DouganConsulting.com
Mon Sep 12 01:40:00 EDT 2005

I've spent some more time on this today. Based on my problems trying to
compile a 32-bit gnucash, I decided to follow Robert's advice and check
the source RPM spec file to see if I could build an x86_64 RPM. I set up
my configure options to mirror those in the spec file, installed the
required prerequisite RPMS and patched the Makefile.am and other
configuration files per the diff in the source tree.

Configure and make ran cleanly, but "make install" failed as follows:

test -z "/opt/gnome/lib64/gnucash" || mkdir -p -- . "/opt/gnome/lib64/gnucash"
 /bin/sh ../../../../libtool --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c  'libgncmod-business-backend-file.la' '/opt/gnome/lib64/gnucash/libgncmod-business-backend-file.la'
libtool: install: error: cannot install `libgncmod-business-backend-file.la' to a directory not ending in /opt/gnome/lib/gnucash
make[7]: *** [install-pkglibLTLIBRARIES] Error 1

It then occurred to me that running "rpmbuild -bb --target x86_64 gnucash.spec" might work.
If it did, I could then test whether the OFX problem still existed.
However, after I'd built and installed the RPM, gnucash fails at
start-up:

> gnucash
ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
ERROR: file: "libgw-gnc", message: "/opt/gnome/lib64/libgw-gnc.so.0: undefined symbol: gtk_marshal_NONE__NONE"

Any further suggestions sincerely welcomed...

Regards,

Des
--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

        www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support