Compiling on 64 bit SuSE - some success

Des Dougan des at DouganConsulting.com
Tue Sep 20 00:35:38 EDT 2005

I've successfully compiled gnucash 1.8.11 in 64-bit mode on SuSE 9.3.
Well, almost...

Configure, make and make install run cleanly after adding further
parameters to the configure script (which I'll document once it's all
working OK). Running gnucash after completion gives the following error,
both as root and as my userid.

des at sempron:~> gnucash
ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
ERROR: file: "libgw-gnc", message: "/opt/gnome/lib64/libgw-gnc.so.0: undefined symbol: gtk_marshal_NONE__NONE"

I've searched on Google for this, but can't find anything relevant. This
is the same error which occurs after running

rpmbuild -bb --target x86_64 gnucash.spec

on the rpm source file, so I'd guess it's related to my GTK
configuration, given that SuSE's binary RPM installs and runs
successfully.

As I'm so close to getting gnucash to run successfully, it'd be great to
clear this final hurdle. Could someone clarify for me what the error is
telling us, as I'm pretty lost here?

Thanks for all the help I've received thus far.

Regards,

Des
--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

        www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support