Failure of "--add-price-quotes" option.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 15 20:31:29 EDT 2005

Quoting David Brock <david at tubits.com>:

> Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>> Nah, you're fine.  You're right -- the extension is meaningless.  We
>> _suggest_
>> .gnc to mean "gnucash", but gnucash doesn't care at all what the
>> file is named.
>> It could just as easily be call foo.doc or foo.exe and gnucash will open it
>> the same.
>>
>> But my original question remains -- what happens if you specify the
>> file on the
>> commandline?
>
> Whoops, I wasn't stating that very clearly.  Call it hunger.
>
> When I run gnucash normally, I run it from an xterm session with no
> filename, and it, by default (or config), opens the last file I was
> using.
>
> When I run it with the intention of updating price-quotes, I always
> specify the filename on the command line.

You still have not answered my question.  Let me state it YET AGAIN and MAYBE
this time you'll actually answer my question.  What happens when you run
gnucash on the commandline and specify the filename as the only argument?

I.e., you were running before:

  gnucash --add-quotes /path/to/filename

and it failed.   What happens if you just run:

  gnucash /path/to/filename

Does that work?  Or does that fail, too?