Price editor frustrations

bowman bowman at mazirian.com
Wed Sep 21 17:15:13 EDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 10:10:01AM -0400, David Hampton wrote:
> Any chance you have a zero price for this commodity in the price
> database?  That's the only way I can get gnucash to produce results
> similar to yours.

That may be possible, as I am confused as to what the price database is.
In making the initial purchase I set the price per share right in the
transaction when I entered it onto the fund's account.  Then I used the
price editor from the tools menu to change the price to reflect the
market change.  Is there somewhere else I should be setting the price
of shares?  The price editor has a price set for shares in the fund
now, but changing that price does not appear to do anything at all.

Thanks for your replies.

--
Bradford R. Bowman <bowman at mazirian.com>
GnuPG public key available at http://mazirian.com/