Fractional shares

Benjamin So allegro at clear.net.nz
Tue Sep 27 12:19:37 EDT 2005

Actually, upon reflecting on this, why is it necessary to specify
fractions in both the commodity and the share account? Am I missing
something, or does this seem redundant? Potentially, you could have
multiple share accounts based on the one, fractional commodity, which
would result in each of these accounts having to be set to enable
fractional trading.

Similarly, why is the "download online quotes" flag available at the
account, rather than at the commodity level? I'm sure there's a good
reason for this, but I can't quite see it.

Ben