Question on reports

Bob Alexander bob at ngi.it
Tue Sep 27 13:39:48 EDT 2005

Mark Johnson wrote:
> How about a cash flow report?
> In the options, you can set which accounts to report on cash flows out.
> I use this monthly for cash, checking, and credit accounts to see my
> monthly expenses.  This should address the spending on your credit
> cards.  Otherwise, my monthly report would show a huge cash flow to my
> credit card, but nothing for things like gas and groceries.  By
> selecting the credit card account, these show up the way I want them.
> Since I pay off the cards every month, I feel that this is still cash flow.
>
> In the options, you can select the start and end dates of your
> vacation.  This would give you all the expenses during your vacation and
> only during it.

Seems very interesting.

Must try out on a selected short timeframe of which I know the numbers
to check.

As a first try choosing the credit/debit cards (mine and wife's) and the
"cash" asset I am tracking what I pay with the cards and what came into
my pockets and eventually evaporated :)

This seems to be close.

Thank you very much,
Bob