Failing automake when trying to build version from CVS

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 11:43:59 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 28 September 2005 3:25 pm, Tor Harald Thorland wrote:
> Neil Williams wrote:
> >On Wednesday 28 September 2005 1:12 pm, Tor Harald Thorland wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>I\m trying to build the latest version from CVS to do some translation.

I think you are missing some packages. Take a look at my Debian list and see
if there are equivalent -devel packages that you haven't installed.

http://code.neil.williamsleesmill.me.uk/gnucashlibs.html

> The full command line wich i use is:
> [tortho at inspiron gnucash]$ ./autogen.sh --enable-debug
> --prefix=/opt/gnucash-1.8
> I then also tryed with the --enable-opt-style-install as weell with the
> same output.

Keep that in the command (use a bash script).

> [tortho at inspiron gnucash]$ ./autogen.sh --enable-debug --enable-ofx

Have you installed OFX? If not, remove the enable command.

(You probably don't need --enable-debug to do translations).

> --prefix=/opt/gnucash-1.8 --enable-opt-style-install

1.8? so this is HEAD, not G2. The latest version will be G2. See the CVS page
on the gnucash website for how to retrieve the G2 branch.

> configure.in:682: warning: underquoted definition of BB_ENABLE_DOXYGEN

Have you got doxygen installed?

> acinclude.m4:3605: warning: underquoted definition of AC_LIB_LTDL

Could be missing gettext - kind of essential as that's what creates the files
to use with the translation!

> acinclude.m4:3930: warning: underquoted definition of AC_GWRAP_CHECK_GUILE
> acinclude.m4:3954: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_GWRAP

You may not have installed gwrap and guile properly.

> aclocal:configure.in:48: warning: macro `AM_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in
> library

It would certainly appear that you have not installed gettext.

> aclocal:configure.in:78: warning: macro `AM_PATH_GLIB' not found in library

Or glib? You do need glib-devel.

> aclocal:configure.in:778: warning: macro `AM_PATH_LIBGLADE' not found in

The rest of the output is complaining about the results of the missing macros
that are installed with the development versions of the corresponding
packages.

As I thought, the real problems were higher up in the output.

--

Neil Williams