Need help importing from Vanguard

Steve Lacy slacy at slacy.com
Wed Apr 5 23:37:42 EDT 2006

Hello,

I've got some issues importing several accounts from Vanguard into
gnucash.  The issue that I'm having is that I have multiple accounts with
Vanguard, and each account owns the same mutual fund.  When I import the
OFX from Vanguard, I only get one "Stock account for..." for each
security, when it seems to me that there should be two: One for funds held
by account A, and one held by account B.   I get separate "Unknown OFX
account for..." for each security/account pair, as well as income
accounts, but the Stock accounts are somehow merged.

Is this a known problem?

If not, I'd love some help explaining exactly how to deal with this sort
of situation, and how I can get one stock account for each security held
by each account.

Steve