Customer list? Is there a way to see or print the whole list of customers?]

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Thu Apr 6 07:14:21 EDT 2006

On Thursday 06 April 2006 12:41 am, Nancy Brose wrote:
> I am not a power user.  Just getting used to system, still trying to
> understand it all.  Can't find a way to print a list of customers with
> address info to use for a mailing list.  Is this possible?

In svn or in the development releases, YES.

Since gnucash 1.9.2, you can export all gncCustomers, with their addresses, to
XML.

Business -> Export -> QSF Customer ....

There's an XSL stylesheet in gnucash 1.9.2 and later (src/optional/xsl - in
svn) that can convert this to vcard output and this could be adapted to your
needs.

Note that each customer has two addresses, billing and shipping. Although
gnucash doesn't use shipping for anything in particular, it is exported to
QSF XML as it may be useful to other processes.

--

Neil Williams