plain text report output

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at farwestbilliards.com
Thu Apr 6 14:36:00 EDT 2006

On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 21:54:09 -0400
TyrusMaynard <mayn at main.nc.us> wrote:

> I had wondered about the html2textrc, because I couldn't even find the config
> file on a thorough search of the system including /etc.  I thought maybe the
> default config was embedded in the standard program making that file only
> optional to change behavior and none of the settings described in man pages seem
> relevant. For what it's worth, I should add  Andrew's html2textrc if he can send
> it to me off list.

well, I brought it up specifically because I don't have an rc file for html2text. seeing as you don't either, there is some other issue. sorry.

> Maybe this will allow html2text to outdo the Firefox/OPenoffice combo...but I
> bet it won't allow adjustable column widths that Open Office offers.

I used mine to import as a csv file into a spreadsheet program offering all the usual spreadsheet abilities. ymmv.

If you are interested in pursuing the html2text route any further, you'll probably have to contact those folks for help. sorry.

oh and FWIW

uname -a

Linux basement 2.6.15-1-k7 #1 Wed Jan 18 15:54:27 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux

huh. I swore that used to say "Debian unstable" in it somewhere. anyway.