build problem on OS X

Kevin Foss kfoss at adelphia.net
Thu Apr 6 23:52:48 EDT 2006

On Apr 6, 2006, at 4:50 PM, Axel Wernicke wrote:
> I built gnucash 1.9.4 today on an Intel based Apple MacBook running
> OS X
> 10.4.6. The build process succeeded! Anyway when I try to start
> gnucash
> I get the splashsreen for the blink of an eye and then the application
> dies saying:
>
> ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
> ERROR: file: "libgw-core-utils", message: "dlopen(libgw-core-utils.so,
> 9): image not found"
>
> Any idea what this means and what to do about this?

Just to add to this, but I have had slightly more success building on
my Intel iMac.  I've been trying periodically as various libraries
get updated in Fink.  I just tried the tar ball for 1.9.4, and it
compiles fine for me and when I run it it gets past the splashscreen
with no problems.   You may want to make sure you're fully updated
and review some of the mac building instructions posted in the
archives (I believe on the developer list.)

However, even though I get farther then you do, I will say it
consistently crashes when I try to open a register -- from looking at
the crashreporter logs it appears to be a problem in libgnomecanvas.

As Neil mentioned, Intel support in Fink just isn't there yet, and
we'll just have to wait until there is a final release of the 10.4
Fink tree with Intel support.

-Kevin