Opening customer balances with new file

digger vermont dv_mlist at verizon.net
Mon Apr 17 13:32:49 EDT 2006

Hello All,

I'm starting a new file starting at 1 Jan 06.  I have a few customers in
AR that have a credit and debit.  Is the best way to deal with this to
fake payments and invoices?  That is, process a payment from the
customer equal to their opening balance. And similar for money due with
an invoice?

Is there a better or more correct method?

I've looked in the manual and m-list archive but couldn't find this
situation.

If it makes a difference I'm using a recent SVN revision of G2.

Thanks for any help

digger