Generating Custom Reports

Russell Sutherland russ at quist.ca
Wed Apr 19 14:08:23 EDT 2006

Can someone direct me to a helpful guide in
report generation? I have stumbled through the
documentation and have been able to generate
a customized Profit (Income - Expenses) report.
I have been able to change some of the output
detail and the begin and end time.

What I want to do, and have not been able, is to
select various sub accounts from both the income
and expense side and remove them from the total.
I can select/highlight the accounts in question,
but unless the entire parent account is also selected
the report does not generate any output. When the parent
account (e.g. income) is selected, the report includes
all sub-accounts. I can eliminate the 0.00 value accounts
using the radio buttons.

Additionally I would like to be able to take the totals
for a given account over a given time interval and
apply a fractional multiplier. E.g. in the case of
house/office expenses, one is allowed (at least in Canada)
to deduct a portion of the total expenses as a
business expense.

Are these things possible using GnuCash 1.8.12 ?

Thanks in advance.

Quist Consulting           Email: russ at quist.ca
219 Donlea Drive           Voice: +1.416.696.7600
Toronto ON  M4G 2N1        Cell:  +1.416.803.0080
CANADA                     WWW:   http://www.quist.ca/