how to programming in scheme?

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Thu Apr 20 10:06:15 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 10:50 -0300, Cristiano wrote:

[I'm assuming you want to write reports, which are the primary use of
"scheme scripts" in gnucash.]

> 1) What folder may I save my Scheme' scripts to Gnucash read them?

Your best bet is to modify the built sources to install your report
along-side the existing installed reports.  You could modify the
installed reports directly, as well, but the other option is a bit
safer.

> 2) What documentation may I read to understand Scheme language?

http://www.google.com/search?q=learning+scheme

http://community.schemewiki.org/?category-texts seems particularly
useful.

> 3) What documentation may I read to learn how about Scheme can acess
> Gnucash data?

The existing reports will demonstrate by example.

http://cvs.gnucash.org/docs/HEAD/ has documentation generated from and
over the C sources, though it's not all exposed via scheme.

Look for the gwrap "*-spec.scm" files in the source tree to see the
scheme<->C bindings;
http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/trunk/src/engine/gw-engine-spec.scm
is an example.

> 4) I'm looking for examples of scriptis writed using Ganucashe Scheme.
> Where can I find one? Is there one like a "Hello World" script?

There is a hello world report, yes.
http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/trunk/src/report/utility-reports/hello-world.scm

--
...jsled