Sorting accounts

Leslie Katz lesliek at ozemail.com.au
Fri Apr 21 03:25:59 EDT 2006

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Accounts are sorted alphabetically withing a group... Except account
> codes take presedence over account names.  Did you enter account codes
> for your accounts?
>
> -derek
Thanks very much for your reply, Derek.

I did enter account codes for all of my original accounts, but, confused
at the time by various instructions in the guide, I wound up giving each
account a code which duplicated the name I'd already given it. For
example, my very first account appeared as "AGL (AGL)" and all of the
other accounts entered at that time followed that pattern. When I came
to add new accounts subsequently, I decided I'd better follow the same
pattern for them too.

Perhaps I should add this. When I open the price editor to get the
latest prices for the securities concerned, I find all the of accounts,
including the new ones, in alphabetical order, but the same doesn't
apply when I look either at the accounts tab or the advanced portfolio
tab. In each of the latter two tabs, the two accounts I've added
subsequently appear at the very end of the list, in the order of their
adding, though, if the entire list were sorted alphabetically, each
would appear in about the middle of the list.

I don't know whether the above additional information suggests anything
further to you.

Thanks again,

Leslie