Purchase for re-sell, how to book

Wouter van Marle wouter at squirrel-systems.com
Wed Apr 26 03:53:13 EDT 2006

Hi all,

For my business I'm purchasing materials for (immediate) resell; basic
trading business.
How to easily set up the accounts to keep track of value on stock, and
profits on trades? The big issue I have here is that pretty much every
single shipment is a different material, with at least a different
quantity, and likely a different price. Using the assets and
realised/unrealised gains accounts look really cumbersome in this as I
will have to create a new account for every load. That will add up
quickly of course.
I've looked through the concepts guide, which is nice for if you have
some assets to keep track of, this doesn't work really for my situation.

Wouter.