account types for investment gains and losses

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at digitaltorque.ca
Mon Aug 7 18:24:22 EDT 2006

On 07/08/06 Derek Atkins said:

> Nothing.  Until they are realized there's no entries into your
> datafile except PriceDB entries.  The reports will tell you your
> current holding value, but there IS no gain/loss until you sell.

Ok, that makes sense. I'm trying to add my mutual funds via the price editor,
but it's insisting on a stock ticker symbol and to my knowledge, there isn't
one. What should I enter for say, this mutual fund?

http://globefunddb.theglobeandmail.com/gishome/plsql/igf.fund_pro?fundsymbol=ALMOAPAA&iaction=Get+Fund+Profile

Mike
direction." --Albert Einstein