Scripting Recurring Business Transactions

Adam Rosi-Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Wed Aug 9 09:57:21 EDT 2006

gnucash doesn't support recurring transactions for billing customers. I
understand that the feature is on the radar, but my impression is there is
no active work being done on that. Is that correct?

If so, I'm wondering how hard it would be to create such transactions
through a script directly editing the XML data file. I haven't spent much
time trying to understand how the data file works, but I'm wondering if
anyone has tried doing this before and/or how hard it would be? I've got
about 20 customers that I bill monthly -- each customer is billed a
different amount, but it's the same amount every month. Is it just a matter
of adding a couple of straightforward transactions to the XML file? Do the
guid's have any significance other than just being unique?