auto completion

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Aug 9 17:13:42 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 09 August 2006 21:51, Michael P. Soulier wrote:

> I'm referring to the description field that is autocompleted in the ledger.
> I said vendor because most of the time I'm entering a receipt for something
> I purchased.
>
> Mike

If I can chip in with a thought...

Mike,

do you mean that you have two transactions, along the lines of:

Memo: bought some books
CreditCard1		25.00
Expense:Books		25.00

then later,
Memo: they also sell artist materials
PettyCash		8.50
Expenses:PaintBrush	8.50

??

If so, then next time you buy a book, presumably using eg. your checking
account, you want an auto complete?

How about this work-around...
Start in the CretitCard1 ledger, and then alter the account to match where the
transaction actually took place....

That may not be very clear, but if you start in the credit card account, you
get the auto-complete, and then alter the split line which refers to the
credit card to be the account you actually used.  I'm sure if you have a go,
it will make more sense than my words... ;-)

HTH,
Maf.