Problem Building 2.0.1

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 22 16:09:13 EDT 2006

Quoting Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>:

> On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>> Are you sure you have the full gtk/gnome development environment
>> installed? I mean you ARE running slackware, which doesn't come with
>> gnome. Where did you get your gnome system?  Have you read the Wiki?
>> Have you considered switching to a real distribution?
>
> derek,
>
>   Yes, I'm sure. I went through this to get 2.0.0 installed. That's when I
> discovered the Freerock Gnome and installed that.

If you successfully built 2.0.0, then there's no reason that 2.0.1 shouldn't
build, too, given the exact same environment.  The build system didn't change
that much between 2.0.0 and 2.0.1, especially in this area.

>   What's a "real" distribution? Linspire? There are more than 200
> distributions out there.

Well, in this case one that actually ships gnome?  I was thinking one of
the major versions:  Debian, Gentoo, Ubuntu, RedHat, Fedora...

>   I upgraded to the latest FRG and the gazillion packages that I have no
> need to use (other than to be able to run gnucash) are all installed here.

Don't know what to tell you.  What does config.log say?