Problem Building 2.0.1

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 22 16:27:35 EDT 2006

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, Josh Sled wrote:

> pkg-config is still used, pretty extensively.

Josh,

   Oh. OK. I must have mis-remembered.

> Where'd you get the glib/gtk/gnome ("g*") packages from?  Do you actually
> have cairo installed?

   Gnome is from Freerock (http://gsb.freerock.org). cairo-1.2.0-i386-1 is
installed.

> What does `locate cairo.pc` return?  Is that pkgconfig directory in the
> path?

[rshepard at salmo /usr/local/gnucash-2.0.1]$ locate cairo.pc
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/pangocairo.pc
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/cairo.pc

   That's why I explicitly added that path to the environment variable.

>  What about `locate -r gtk.*\.pc`?

   Among all the references are these:

/usr/lib/pkgconfig/gtk+-2.0.pc
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/libgtkhtml-2.0.pc
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/libgtkhtml-3.8.pc
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/gtk-doc.pc
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/gtk+.pc
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/gtk+-x11-2.0.pc
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/xulrunner-gtkmozembed.pc
/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-pcx.la
/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-pcx.so

Rich