Problem Building 2.0.1

Mark Johnson mrj001 at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 22 22:35:05 EDT 2006

I've got gnucash 2.0 running on Slackware 10.2.  Here is my gtk+-2.0.pc
file:
prefix=/usr
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include
target=x11

gtk_binary_version=2.4.0
gtk_host=i686-pc-linux-gnu

Name: GTK+
Version: 2.6.10
Requires: gdk-${target}-2.0 atk
Libs: -L${libdir} -lgtk-${target}-2.0
Cflags: -I${includedir}/gtk-2.0

As you can see, mine is actually older than yours.  I have another
system with 2.8.11 installed.  I suspect that the problem is elsewhere
than in the gtk version.

Why do you have a path:

/usr/local/gtk+-2.8.20/
???

Was this from a build you did yourself of this package?  The corresponding path is not on either of my systems.

What happens if you type:
$ pkg-config "gtk+-2.0 >= 2.4"
$ echo $?

On my system, the result is 0 (i.e. good).  If I type:
$ pkg-config "fizzbin+-2.0 >= 2.4"
$ echo $?

The result is 1; I don't have a package called fizzbin.

Mark