download transactions?

warlord at MIT.EDU warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 24 20:08:39 EDT 2006

Quoting Steve Kelem <steve at kelem.net>:

> How do I download transactions from my bank and my brokerage accounts?
> I see that there's something called HBCI, but I think that's for only
> Germany, not the US.

Correct.  In the US there is OFX Direct Connect.  GnuCash DOES support
this, but you don't have the necessary support libraries to get it
to work.  I can assure you that this is the case because you need
an unreleased version of LibOFX to get OFX Direct Connect working.

Once LibOFX 0.8.2 gets released (probably not for another month or more,
unless you can convince Benoit to do it) then it should be relatively
easy.   Supposedly...