Find-Replace or bulk movement of transactions to a new account

Daniel Parish parishd at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 23:19:55 EST 2006

On 12/3/06, Ariel <asgnucash at dsgml.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Dec 2006, Derek Atkins wrote:
>

> >> Question:  What is the best way to move all the transactions in the
> original
> >> account structure to the new structure.  I could have sworn I used a
> >> Find-Replace function in the past, but I can't find it.  I'm using
> gnucash
> >> 2.0.2 under Fedora Core 6.
> >
> > Unfortunately there is no way to act on multiple transactions at once,
> > nor is there a way to Find-Replace, either, I'm afraid.  When you want
> > to split up an account you unfortunately have to do it manually, one
> > transaction at a time.  Sorry.
>
> If one account is going to get the bulk of the transactions, instead
> of moving them one at a time, rename 'Dividends' to 'Account X', that way
> at least some of the transactions are in the right place.
>
>         -Ariel

Actually I did something similar this and only moved the transactions for
the current year into the new account structure.  Not ideal, but until I'm
positive I have the structure I will use forever, I'd rather not go through
a tedious reassignment exercise only to have to repeat it again in a few
months.

Thanks.

Daniel