File export

Ron Morse rbmorse at comcast.net
Thu Dec 7 11:07:10 EST 2006

Using Gnucash 2.0.2 on Kubuntu 6.10.

The end-of-year thread got me thinking bout my own needs for
the end of the year and I decided to do some "practice"
runs and try various alternatives before I had to commit to
one particular strategy.

When I try to export my accounts using

file > export > export accounts

from the main menu I get the dialog asking for a file
name/location...I enter a name that is different from the
existing data file, select a different directory and click
on "export" and...nothing happens.  The dialog disappears
and it is as if I never requested the action in the first
place.

User error, no doubt, but what am I doing wrong?

Ron Morse