colored main accounts

hendrik at topoi.pooq.com hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Thu Dec 7 12:45:06 EST 2006

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 09:59:17AM +0100, calmar wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 09:33:39AM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

> > > Maybe rendering placeholder accounts in bold would be a less complex
> > > way to help in this regard. Some way to quickly identify placeholder
> > > or "header" accounts would be great.
> >
> > I second that!
>
> style "wide-tree"
> {
>           GtkTreeView::expander_size = 20
> }
> class "GtkTreeView" style "wide-tree"
>

> in the ~/.gtkrc-2.0 (or 2.0.gnucash) file helps somebit. It
> increases the size of the arrows (to 20 here) , and also helps
> hitting them with the mouse better.
>
> cheers,
> calmar

I've found it convenient to use different colour schemes for different
gnucash files, so I don't accidentally record income in the wrong set of
accounts (I keep personal and professional accounts separate, so that
it's hard to accidentally transfer between them).

Unfortunately. it's not convenient enough, because gnucash has only one
configuration file per user... is there any chance that some of this
informatin could be recorded in the gnucash file?  THough I realise
there will be problems if the same gnucash file is used on machines with
different display capabilities...

(currently using gnucash 1.8.x, by the way)

-- hendrik