OFX in Debian/Ubuntu

Bernat Tallaferro bernat.tallaferro at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 11:58:02 EST 2006

After reading several reports of people not getting OFX to work at the
Ubuntu distribution forums, I decided to investigate this a bit.

What caught my attention is that on this article at the wiki
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Setting_up_OFXDirectConnect_in_GnuCash_2
the author seems to claim that:

a) GnuCash must be configured using --enable-hbci and --enable-ofx in
order for OFXDirectConnect to be available.

Is this correct? Why is --enable-hbci required if you only want to use
OFX? Are they not two independent connection methods?

b) You must have Libofx 0.8.2 or higher and AqBanking 2.0.0 or higher to
user OFXDirectConnect in Gnucash

Is this also correct? The version of libofx available from the Ubuntu
Edgy repositories is 0.8.0. Therefore in theory, OFXDirectConnect will
*not* work per default in Ubuntu, will it?

Thanks.