Problem with UTF-8 and GNUCash

Panagiotis Atmatzidis p.atmatzidis at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 17:45:44 EST 2006

Hello,

I am running GNUCash in a FreeBSD-6.2-RC1 pc. I have installed GNOME as
a DE. I use Greek el_GR.UTF8 locale, in order to have my applications in
my native language. Everything works fine except GNUCash.
The fonts are displayed weird. The look is similar with httpd pages that
are in code ISO-8859-7 while you are browsing at them using 8859-1. I
don't know if the idea is clear.. If no, I'll post a Screenshot.

Anyway the text is not displayed correctly. Apparently GNUCash has
broken utf-8 support.

Were can I start looking?

Is there a Greek translation available for GNUCash?

Thank you.