Preventing the "Imbalance-*" accounts from getting used.

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 12:41:29 EST 2006

I too would like to add my voice to the opinions already stated by Adam and
Maf. The current method in 2.0.2 I find much less intuitive than it could
be, and I think Adam has it right that gnucash shouldn't let go of you until
you've entered a balanced transaction (I also have the impression that
1.8.xbehaved that way). As things stand, there are ways to innocently
leave a
transaction unbalanced (e.g., hitting 'enter' at the wrong time) and you
only realize you've done so when you look at the accounts page and see a
non-zero balance in the imbalance account.

/Don