Unable to get quotes

Bobby Goins goins at iglou.com
Tue Dec 26 17:34:09 EST 2006

I am successfully running gnucash on a Zenwalk 4.0 system, however, when
I try to update my investment quotes I get the following:

    $ gnucash --add-price-quotes /gnucash_data/gnucashfile
    gnucash: [M] "Found Finance::Quote version ""1.12"
    gnucash: [E] "book-add-quotes unable to open file"

    ** ERROR **: Failed to add quotes to /gnucash_data/gnucashfile.
    aborting...
    Aborted
    $

Any thoughts on this?

Also, when I try to edit my investments, I see the edited item and the
original item on the list.  When I try to open the original item,
gnucash crashes.