Accounting for Stocks.

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Fri Dec 29 21:01:16 EST 2006

I am in Australia.  I can transfer the U.S. concepts easily enough except for
the NASDAQ template:  Should I use just the unnamed template?  What is it?

Here, dividends are "franked".  The company pays income tax at the company
rate, and the taxpayer gets a "franking credit" for the tax paid.  Quicken
has its own way of dealing wiith this.  It seems to me that I should treat it
exactly like wages with tax instalments deducted - a split transaction
posting the entire dividend to Dividends, less the franking credit, which is
posted to Franking Credits, leaving the net dividend..  Is this right?

Doug.
--
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
  - Winston Churchill