unable to retrieve currency quote

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Fri Dec 29 23:15:02 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-29 at 20:31 -0500, Philippe A. wrote:
> I have been unable to retrieve EUR currency value from the Internet ever
> since I have upgraded to v2.x.

No problem here.

> I think v2 tries to do it by default.

If you have an account denominated in a currency other than your local
currency, gnucash will automatically add that to the list of quotes to
retrieve when you get quotes.

> Besides, the stock editor
> does not allow me to choose the source of the quotes. It only asks to
> retrieve the quote online yes or no.

Correct.  Finance::Quote only knows of one place to get currency quotes.
That's Yahoo.  No sense is asking the user to choose from a selection
size of one.

> Is anyone successfully getting currency quotes from the internet?

Yes, no problem.  What version of Finance::Quote do you have installed?
Because of changes to the yahoo site, you need version 1.12 to retrieve
currency quotes.

David