Income/expense chart issue.

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at farwestbilliards.com
Thu Feb 2 13:07:30 EST 2006

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 18:35:24 +0800
Wouter van Marle <wouter at squirrel-systems.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've an issue with the income/expense chart: I do not seem to be allowed
> to choose the Income accounts, only the Expense accounts. And I do want
> to deselect some of the Income accounts as well.
>
> The issue at hand: my administration is somewhat mixed; I'm running my
> own one-man company, and I'm taking care of various expenses on behalf
> of a second company, which now and then reimburses me those cost. So
> I've set up a special expenses account for this second company, and also
> a special income account.
>
> I can not separate these two accounts in separate files, as many
> expenses are shared between the two companies, and they use the same
> actual bank account of which I also want to keep track accurately.
>
> To check my own profits/expenses, I can now easily make a "profit&loss"
> report, taking out the turnover generated on behalf of my partner's
> business by simply deselecting those income and expense accounts. Works
> like a charm.
>
> However this is not so for the income/expense bar chart: here I can only
> deselect the expense account of the second business, but not the income,
> resulting in seemingly sky high profits! I can't find a way to also
> deselect some of the Income accounts, to filter out the complete
> turnover of that second company.
>
> Is there any way to do this?

yes. I'm using 1.8.11 and it works just fine. Select Reports -> Income & Expense -> Income & Expense Chart. After the chart builds, click Options button on toolbar, select the Accounts tab, and choose the income and expense accounts to include. very straightforward.

There must be something we're missing in your description here?