Importing OFX/QFX files not working

Des Dougan des at DouganConsulting.com
Sat Feb 4 18:51:07 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 07:17 -0500, Jim Lynch wrote:
> Gnucash 1.8.9 on Suse 9.3 i386.  I didn't install any packages into
> gnucash.  I don't know how to install packages nor how to tell what
> packages are installed.

Sorry for the late reply - I've been offline for a couple of days.

There is a problem with Gnucash on SuSE 9.3, as others have mentioned. I
got round it by building 1.8.11 from source a few months ago (see the
archives here for the long, sad story...). I've since replaced my PC and
am now running SuSE 10, which has different packages, and which does
work. The packages I have are:

sempron:/home/des/bin # rpm -qa | grep gnucash
gnucash-1.8.12-2
gnucash-ofx-1.8.12-2
gnucash-docs-1.8.5-1

If you're new to Linux, you're likely better upgrading to SuSE 10 and
trying these packages.

Regards,

Des