Accounts and Reports in Different Windows

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at farwestbilliards.com
Sun Feb 5 14:27:19 EST 2006

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 12:39:10 -0500
Adam Rosi-Kessel <adam at rosi-kessel.org> wrote:

> I'm running gnucash 1.8.12 from Debian sid.
>
> When I open gnucash, two windows open up: one full of reports, the other
> with just the accounts tree.
>
> I'm not sure how I got to this state, but I'm wondering if there is a way
> to put them all back in the same window again. I can't close the
> accounts-only window without closing gnucash entirely; and I'd rather not
> have to re-create all of those reports in the accounts window.
>
> The relevant file in ~/.gnucash/books had this:
>
> ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
> ;; options for account tree id=1
> (let ((options (gnc:make-acct-tree-window-options)))
>
> ; Section: Account Tree
>
>   (hash-set! gnc:*acct-tree-options* 1 options)
>   "gnc-acct-tree:1")

> I changed the id=1 to 0 and gnc-acct-tree:1 to 0 as well (as I have in
> another books file) but this made no difference (I was only just guessing
> this had something to do with window selection).

Couple things you can do here.

1) in the reports only window, open a new account tree, which will appear at the bottom of your tabs. I think you can then close the account tree only window. I remember messing with this in the past, but I don't recall the results.

2) in the account-tree window, recreate each report that is in the other window (you can use the report-only-window to check your report configuration). once you've recreated them all, you can close the reports-only window and move ahead.

3) in the report-windoow, "Save" each report (be sure to give them custom names first!!!!!), then close them all, restart gnucash and you can open your reports from the Reports => Custom =>  menu selection.