Advanced Portfolio report

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Wed Feb 8 01:25:08 EST 2006

--On February 7, 2006 12:02:40 PM +1100 Leslie Katz
<lesliek at ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>> For the former you click the "save report" button /after changing the
>> default report name/...  If you dont change the report name before
>> clicking Save Report then gnucash will crash the next time you run
>> it. If you successful "Save report" it will show up in your Report
>> -> Custom menu next time you start gnucash.
>
> My new report, "Secrep", does now show up under "Custom". I also
> find, under /home/leslie.gnucash, "saved-reports-1.8", as Andrew told
> me I would. I'll now google "gnucash custom reports", as suggested by
> Andrew.

I think there are some bugs in version 1.8.x which cause it to not save
the custom report reliably when you click Save Report.  It seems that
it is more likely to work if you update the report immediately before
clicking Save Report.  If it does work, it will just append a copy of
the report definition to ~/.gnucash/saved-reports-1.8 so you may end up
with multiple definitions of the same report in the file.  I don't know
if that matters, but I've edited the file to remove all but the last
one to be safe.

Mike Alexander           mta at umich.edu
Ann Arbor, MI            PGP key ID: BEA343A6