Semi-OT: Eastern MA (US) banks compatable with GNUCash?

Don Levey gnucash at the-leveys.us
Mon Feb 13 11:34:11 EST 2006

chris at bareflix.com wrote:
>> I have had it with my "local" bank (TD BankNorth) and their refusal
>> to provide connection information for software interface (they will
>> only support Quicken and MS-Money).  ...
>>

> I don't know if you have them in your area, but I have imported
> statements downloaded from both SunTrust and Bank Of America.
> Ironically it's the microsoft money option that works, because they
> are actually using OFX.
> Just to be clear, the process I use is I go to their banking web site,
> download the statement for last month and import it into gnucash
> using the import OFX option.
>
> Hope that helps.

Actually, that does.  BofA is certainly in my area, and would be a
possibility.  My bank discontinued the downloadable file option, which is
how I got into this mess in the first place (I was previously able to
download those files).  When I can, I'll ask if they have any plans to
discontinue their option at BofA.

Is anyone using direct interface using HBCI?
 -Don