Account Tree View

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 14 11:27:09 EST 2006

Andrew Sackville-West <andrew at farwestbilliards.com> writes:

> I've wondered about that as well. My first assumption on reading
> "New Account Tree" is that it would create a new tree for a totally
> new chart of accounts. Handy if you're crunching numbers for Enron,
> I suppose.

No, that's what File -> New File is for.
The tooltip for File -> New Account Tree should be fairly explicit
about what it does..

> I see that it is slightly changed in SVN, and maybe its more clear
> there. I'm thinking perhaps it should be under View menu instead?
> Call it "Show account tree"?

Except it really /will/ create a new Account Tree page, so you can
have multiple "views" into the same set of accounts.  You /can/ have
multiple "accounts" tabs open at once.