1.9: OFX Direct Connect

Dave Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 16 11:55:40 EST 2006

Don Levey wrote:
> I've seen reference to the (new) OFX Direct Connect tool in 1.9
> (http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2006-February/015828.html).
>
> I am running with libofx 0.8.0-2.2, and aqbanking 1.8.1beta-3.1, and GnuCash
> 1.9.0 build 2006-02-14 from r13156.  I don't see either OFX Direct Connect
> or the HBCI setup I used to have in 1.8.  The included help doesn't appear
> to come up for me, the FAQ on the wiki seems current for 1.8 (which of
> course makes sense) and I haven't found references via Google or the archive
> search.
>
> I've seen reference to a python script which would download the data, but I
> was under the impression that 1.9 would have this feature (or a link to it)
> within.  What step have I missed?
>
>  -Don

 From the Readme in aqbanking:

"For the OFX Direct Connect back end even a newer version of LibOFX is
needed (at least >=0.8.1)"

Which means you'll have to get libofx from CVS and compile it. There was
a hack Martin Preuss needed to add to libofx to get it to mesh with the
aqbanking routines for the direct connect functions. Libofx hasn't
released a tarball beyond 0.8.0.

I'm having ssl problems with gwenhywfar on my mac, but it looks like
aqbanking/libofx are going to work really well with gnucash >=1.9.

--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net