1.9: OFX Direct Connect

Don Levey gnucash at the-leveys.us
Thu Feb 16 14:48:50 EST 2006

(http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2006-February/015828.html).

>> I am running with libofx 0.8.0-2.2, and aqbanking 1.8.1beta-3.1, and
>> GnuCash
>> 1.9.0 build 2006-02-14 from r13156.  I don't see either OFX Direct
>> Connect or the HBCI setup I used to have in 1.8.  The included help
>> doesn't appear to come up for me, the FAQ on the wiki seems current
>> for 1.8 (which of course makes sense) and I haven't found references
>> via Google or the archive search.
>>
>> I've seen reference to a python script which would download the
>> data, but I was under the impression that 1.9 would have this
>> feature (or a link to it) within.  What step have I missed?
>>
>>  -Don
>
>  From the Readme in aqbanking:
>
> "For the OFX Direct Connect back end even a newer version of LibOFX is
> needed (at least >=0.8.1)"

I've downloaded and built/installed libofx from CVS.  However, building RPMs
from this (they thoughtfully provided an RPM rule for make) did NOT produce
libofx-devel, just libofx and libofx-debug.  I went ahead and installed
anyway, rebuilt GnuCash, and while the Import OFX option still appears, the
OFX Direct Connect does not.

I am assuming, at this point, that I need to rebuild the aqbanking packages
with the new libofx in place.  I'll do that and report back.

 -Don