Problems with Accounts Payable

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Feb 19 12:18:40 EST 2006

Quoting Laurent Duperval <lduperval at videotron.ca>:

> I started to look at these. It was late when I started so I didn't
> see anything -- too tired. I'll go over the numbers tonight.
>
> Is the normal, and desired behaviour, to use split accumulation or not?

It depends on how you want your transactions to look.  The original
method was to accumulate splits.  NOT accumulating them was a new feature
(but it broke the old code when that feature was added).  It's all a
question of how you want your transactions to appear.

> Can I turn it off completely so that when I post an invoice, the
> accumulate splits option is set to off? Or should I go back to the
> beginning and repost every single invoice/bill and set accumulate
> splits to true (that's about two years of bills and invoices...)?

It should remember your choice.  If you turn it off it should remember
that and next time now ask you.

>> You could take a look at bug #165053 to see what it says...
>>

> It says:
>
> Comment 1: it doesn't work
> Comment 2: it's fixed. Let's release quick!

But it should explain what it does wrong, so you know what to look for.  ;)