Register colours in 1.9.1

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Thu Feb 23 17:24:06 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 22:50 +0100, Klaus Dahlke wrote:

> In gnucash-1.8.12 I can freely define the colours of the register. In gnucash-1.9.1
> it seems this option is gone. Register colours are just yellow and green (a kind of
> ugly to me) or based on a style sheet, just white.
>
> Is there another place to assign the register colours or will it come back in
> gnucash-2.0?

Gnucash 2.0 is themable, so all the colors you see come from the system
theme.  There is an option to override the theme colors in the register
and use the original register color set (the ones you say are "ugly").

To choose any other color palette for the register in 2.0 you will need
to override the system theme colors.  You can do this by editing the
general ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file, or by editing the gnucash specific
~/.gtkrc-2.0.gnucash file.  There's an example .gtkrc-2.0-gnucash file
here:

http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/trunk/doc/gtkrc-2.0.gnucash

IIRC it produces hideous colors, but it will give you an idea of how to
change things.

David