gnucash translations

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Tue Feb 28 05:24:40 EST 2006

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 10:00 am, Dan Pescaru wrote:
> Now when i get my gnucash compiled i want to get involved in gnucash
> translation project.

All the help you need should be in:
doc/TRANSLATION_HOWTO
and
doc/README.translator.txt
in the source.

Any questions on those files should go to the gnucash-devel mailing list.

> First what mailing list should i contact and what persons (i think have to
> create the po file for my language)

gnucash-devel

> Seccond what program is the best to use (i use kbabel)

Any text editor is fine. I use vi or gedit. Others use emacs (it has a custom
mode for po editing).

> Another thing that i want do is to make the chart of accounts for my
> accounting system and to put it into gnucash and i'll need assistance for
> this.

Start with one of the example account trees and modify that to meet your
needs.

--

Neil Williams