Cannot Build Successfully on Slackware-10.2

Mark Johnson mrj001 at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 2 10:37:55 EST 2006

When I upgraded my Slackware 10.0 system to 10.2, my gnucash wouldn't
run either.  I traced this to a problem with the Slackware 10.2
gdk-pixbuf package.  It does not contain the library
libgnomecanvaspixbuf.so.  However, when I built this package from the
source, that library did build.  (I posted this to a slackware news
group, but never heard anything back as to how to report it.  If you
know where to repor it, let me know.)

I did have to remove all the "DESTDIR=xxx" lines from the Makefile's to
get this to build and install in a tmp directory so that I could make a
Slackware package out of it.

After that, my gnucash ran.  I did not rebuild any of the dependencies
after the upgrade either.  Some of them on my system are Slackware 8.1
binaries.

Mark