new cc banner

Jean-David Beyer jdbeyer at exit109.com
Sat Jan 7 07:32:37 EST 2006

Derek Atkins wrote:

> Yes, it does.  Setting the Reply-To is a VERY VERY BAD IDEA..  It
> messes with lots and lots of things.  Most modern MUAs have a
> Reply-To-List or Reply-All feature.  You should use them.
> You shouldnt' set the Reply-To, it causes more problems than
> it solves.

I am not requesting a change, since I have read much of the previous
discussion and realize no change will be made. I use Thunderbird 1.0.7 that
just came out, and it does not have a button for Reply-To-List. It is quite
up to date, having come out only 2005 September 23. But perhaps it is not
"modern" in the sense you mean. Mozilla, before, did not do that either.

So, if I remember (and I forget frequently, I am afraid), I must hit
Reply-All, and then delete every entry but the list. Delete two entries in
this case. IIIRC, this is the only list I am in with this policy, which
makes it especially difficult to remember.

 ^^-^^ 07:25:00 up 8 days, 22:11, 4 users, load average: 4.06, 4.10, 4.03