Check printing

Simon Roberts thorpflyer at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 11 21:49:32 EST 2006

Hi All,

I'm a new user of gnucash, migrating from a tool on "another platform"
(yuk :) I hope this isn't unreasonably simple, but I did try to search
the archives and couldn't find anything useful. It seems to have been
discussed before, but the "official" archive search found nothing, I
could only find some stuff with google--which implies I'm misusing the
archive search somehow :(.

I want to print my own checks (cheques). Unfortunately, when I try
this, the basic configuration of gnucash appears to be ready to "fill
in" a check, rather than actually print the whole thing. I need to
print the whole check, all the information: account number, bank
address and details, route code, check number, the various lines, the
text "Pay to the order of" and so forth. Basicly I buy totally blank
check forms, and magnetic ink, and the rest is my own problem.

Can I do this, and if it's not supported in the software, can I expect
to make it happen somehow? (I'm a programmer, but I really don't have
all that much time to invest in this, sadly).

Cheers,
Simon

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions." — Naguib Mahfouz